Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 11- "Nicknames You Have & Why"

I have really only had two nicknames my entire life and that's pretty good I guess, considering my name is so long. I really like my name and always have people tell me how beautiful a name it is so I really prefer not to be called by any nicknames. The first nickname I was ever called was Katy Clare. That started in junior high and was given to me by my lifetime friend (and Waylon's distant cousin) Rachel Kattawar. She basically just took Katy as a common nickname for Catherine and called me Katy Clare. To my knowledge, she was the only person to call me that. My other nickname, CC, has become more prominent as I have gotten older and I really do not care for it but I myself tend to use it for shorthand. It is easy to see why it's my nickname since it is simply the initials to my long, double name.

Other nicknames around the Hill House...
When Jon Walker was a baby, Waylon began calling him J Dub and it has stuck over the years. He gets alot of that and he thinks it's funny. I'm just glad JW never stuck around! And of course, Kennedy gets called Kenn Kenn every once in a while. My favorites by far are the names they call each other. Jon Walker is "bubbi" or usually "bubba" to Kennedy and she is sometimes called "sissy" by him. It's cute how they interact at this age now (usually) and I hope they always have nice names for each other :)