Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 10- "A Photo of You Taken Over Ten Years Ago"




I don't have a lot of old photos saved on my new laptop so I was pretty limited when it came to selecting a photo for today's challenge post. With that being said, the photo I chose is a pretty special one and one that sits on our night stand by the bed (hence the picture of a picture). It is special because it shows a part of my past that is so linked to the present. The photo is of my mom holding Jonathan and I am in the foreground. I should be right around the age of four and I believe I have lipstick on, which is so typical of my very soon to be four year old! As most of you probably know, Jon Walker was named for Jonathan and they are so much alike it's crazy. I believe God gave Jon Walker to us as a little piece of Jonathan for us to enjoy now. My mom raised me to be a good girl, one with values and morals and that makes her a special part of my life as well. She was a wonderful mother growing up and makes an even more wonderful Nana to my children. This photo definitely qualifies for the challenge since it should be about 27 years old!