Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 05- "Favorite Quotes"

This is a post that will fall short. I have never been good at quoting anything. Nor have I really lived by any particular quote, other than living by what the Bible preaches. I did have a few quotes jotted down in my design sketch book from college. I guess those were more of my creative thinking years...neat to look back on what inspired me ten years ago.

"Only the good times are seen in the photo album. Life is what happens and takes you from picture to picture." -unknown

"Love is patient, love is kind...it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails." -1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

"One must strive with much effort, much labor and study, and in the sweat of one's brow to give the work one creates with utmost pain the appearance of having been done quickly, with almost no strain and with as much ease as possible. This is the defiance of truth." -Michelangelo

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and to be loved." -George Sand

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." -Mary Stevenson

"Marriage is all the pleasures of friendships, all the enjoyments of sense and reason, and indeed all the sweets of life." -Joseph Addison

"Where there is love, there is hope." -Widespread Panic

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen." -Mark Twain

"Life is what happens to us while we are busy making other plans." -Thomas la Mance