Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 04- "Favorite Books"

I do love to read and am so thankful that my children are learning to share in that love! Jon Walker reads a book every night and feels it is getting him "seriously ready for kindergarten." He reads far above his 5 year old level and he amazes me everyday with his smarts. Kennedy has the imagination in the family. She picks up a book and creates her own stories to go along with the pictures on her pages. Every mother should make time every week to go to their public library...mine adore their "quiet" time there!

I am pretty much always reading a book. Some books I fly through in a few days and others I have to renew the check-out because I'm not done in the month they allow me. Whatever the case, I always finish a book!

My favorite author, hands down, is Nicholas Sparks. I have and will read every one of his novels. He writes from a soft, southern perspective and always tells an enduring tale about love and passion. All of his books are my favorites.

For my favorite funny read, I would say my favorite set of books are written by Chelsea Handler...Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang, and the Horizontal Life series. To laugh hysterically, these are a must read.

And just like with wine bottles, I also choose random books by their cover designs. Whenever I go to the library and need a book but don't know what I'm looking for, I love to pick the books with a girly, colorful cover. That usually provides a flirty, fun book that is filled with stories about a life we all wish we could live every once in a while!

Happy reading to all of you. What a perfect day for this post! I am actually off to the library today...my four books are due back and I'm only on page 163 of the first one! I am right at half way through I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) by Cara Lockwood. It is the story of how hindsight is a girl's best friend. Today I am re-checking!