Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 03- "Favorite TV Shows" and A New Addition

I love my tv (reality for the most part) and I love my DVR even more, since it allows me to watch the shows I would otherwise miss due to my crazy schedule. Once again, it is impossible to name a single show as a favorite of mine. I will begin my list of favorites...in no particular order.

1. "The Next Food Network Star" because I love to cook and I love to see other "starter" cooks' ideas when put under pressure.


2. "Design Star" because I am obsessed with interior design and love to see designers get their jumpstart into the world of HGTV (my favorite network).


3. "Bachelor"/"Bachelorette" because I have no idea. There is no explanation why anyone watches those shows, other than it's the same reason people cannot look away from a trainwreck.


4. "So You Think You Can Dance" because I still love to dance. I enjoy watching how the styles change and how a dancer can transform themselves to perform another style no where near their own.


5. Any Lifetime movie/tv show because I am a girl and Lifetime is "television for women." Enough said. The Beth Holloway "Vanished" show falls under this category.


6. "Grey's Anatomy" because it is the perfect mix of humor and harshness in the medical world. I have never missed an episode and have always been on Team Meredith-Derek.


7. "Wheel of Fortune" because I am good at it! I even went to a WOF audition a few years ago. There is not a doubt in my mind that we would win big if my mom and I were ever able to compete on 'Mother-Daughter' week.


8. "Law & Order-SVU" because I do love a little crime and mystery in my life...on tv that is.


9. "House Hunters" because I have loved looking at/walking through homes for sale since I was a little girl.


10. "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"/"Khloe & Lamar"/"Kim & Kourtney Take New York"/"Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami" because the Kardashian family is prime entertainment of dysfunctional living at its finest.


I could probably continue with a much longer list but that's enough to show how bad of a tv junkie I really am. How else would I pass the early sleepless mornings? I might actually have to sleep if I didn't have so much tv to watch!

------------------------------------------------


Our family welcomes Sawyer Eden Powell into the world today! I love that I am a member of a huge famiy with lots of cousins for our kids to grow up with. Congratulations Bobo and Amanda on your new bundle of joy. I know she will have you both wrapped by the end of the day! She's beautiful and will be taught well by her older girl "cousin friends!"