Monday, January 10, 2011

From Sea To Shiny Snow

I rang in the new year with a surprise trip to Mexico. It was super nice and relaxing and had a great time with my mom, Maggie, and her boyfriend Tyler. Waylon was Super Dad and kept the kids home with him all week while I was gone. The weather in Mexico was great at nearly 80 degrees and the drinks were fruity!



Then I come home and three days later the snow storm hits...the weather hit low 20's and we are looking at 6-8 inches of the good stuff. We have had snow in the past few years but nothing like this. The snow that fell overnight was the fluffy, light, real snow--not the icy, wet stuff we've had in the past few years. We all packed on the layers this morning and built a "deer-man". Now we are making a day of it with hot coffee, homemade chicken noodle soup, and lots of movies (yay for classes being cancelled). I hope everyone is enjoying the weather, whether it be sunny or snow!