Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quarterly Update

Quarterly updates are not the goal of this blog but life has just gotten in the way since I posted last in August....

I started nursing school this fall and just completed my first term this past week. I put my entire mind and everything into my studies and it absolutely paid off....I got a 4.0...as in all A's...as in something I have never accomplished in a single school session all of my life. I am pretty happy about that and it makes me look forward to starting back in January. Now I have set the bar pretty high for myself from here on out, but I know my classes are only going to get more difficult as the months go on. BRING IT!

Titan Fence is doing well and we are so blessed to be having a good winter season...that usually happens about every other year. Praise the Lord and keep the clients coming!

Jon Walker turned 5 in October and is so ready for kindergarten...next year. He is so funny how he does his "homework" all the time and he is reading like a champ. He is so smart (I know all mothers say that, but he is really smart) and just asked last week if I could order him a textbook! He is growing up so fast as he now plays with the "big boys" on the block and loves his friends. Everyday he waits for the school bus to come to drop all the neighborhood boys off so he can go play tag, tackle, or ride his go-cart. Jon Walker may be 3-5 years younger than all of them, but he is Mr. Popular and that makes me happy that he is making great friends.

Kennedy turned 3 in August and I still do not believe she is only 3. She is not far behind Jon Walker with every move he makes and I love how much she loves him. She has a couple of neighborhood friends that she plays with but gets soooo mad at me when I make her come inside. She is going to be the social director for sure and is not shy of bossing everyone around...that's the not so good part. She has always had a mind of her own and I am thinking the "terrible 2's" are just now showing up. There are lots of time outs and threats but overall, she's the most precious, lovable best friend I could ask for.

The Hill House is starting a new Christmas tradition this year and Santa will be visiting our house. It is important that the kids get to experience Santa to the fullest and I am excited to see their little faces on December 25. I will definitely post again soon with holiday fun photos, so until then....enjoy shopping!

Almost 9 days til Santa arrives :)