Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Idol Favorite

I have never been a tv show blogger, but I cannot help myself due to the amazing amount of talent on American Idol this season. I have watched the show for years and yes, there has been great singers come out of the show but they seemed to shine the entire time on the show. This season is different because the talent is so wide spread. With the exception of just a few contestants, the entire top group is awesome. I especially love the awkwardness of several of them. I loved Casey and Paul front the very beginning, but last night made Paul the front runner for me. Ryan Adams' Come Pick Me Up was a favorite song of mine from my college years and I personally think Paul sang, danced, and performed it great! I did my research on Paul McDonald and his band The Grand Magnolias and they have toured with Mofro (a very favorite band of mine and Waylon's). Their original music is great and I know we will be seeing more of Paul. I know he will have mixed emotions because of the quirkiness, but this show was in need of more great artists, not just singers. If you did not see it, the link is here for you to view (Make sure to pause the music at the bottom).

I love it! Maybe, just maybe I will vote this year!