Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm back....with a list

It has been quite a while (over 2 months) since I blogged last and I honestly don't know what had gotten into me. I was so blog obsessed in the past, but life has been a bit busy, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I have decided that near the end of each month, I will post a fun little "survey" on myself. I have taken these questions directly from blogger Melanie of 'This Ain't New York'. It's just a cute little reminder of the simple questions in life that most likely have a bigger meaning/answer than you think. Join in on the activity as well!

A Dozen of Random-1st edition

1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
I love that Mr. Donahoe can take something as complicated as science (Microbiology to be specific) and explain it with everyday scenarios. He is a really funny guy and he uses his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ex-wives as props in stories all the time. He uses such stories and characters in a method that makes the science make sense by taking the science out of it. I guarantee I will remember Arenavirus because it is passed on by lassafever…and duh, you “lasso” horses in an arena. Get it? Every class is 3 hours packed of such silliness and I love it. Best teacher ever…hands down.

2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
Sometimes it is the worst of issues that can change your life forever and for the better. My marriage/family was quite challenging in 2008 and I am thankful now for those hard times. It A) made our marriage strong as steel in the end. B) made me realize nothing good comes easy and without constant work. C) made me (probably for the first time in my life) give up complete control and hand it all over to God (that feeling is truly amazing).

3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
My favorite color red, ekotes heat. I love warm temps in the summer, and steamy hot baths in the winter. The color is fiery and hot and exciting.

4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
The fact that I walked my children around the neighborhood the other day soliciting the sales of raw cookie dough. I am now a fundraising mom!

5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
I don’t particularly look forward to the holiday, but the kids love to dress up and collect candy (what kid wouldn’t) so we partake.

6. What's your favorite musical?
Annie…who doesn’t love a rags to riches story?

7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
Country mouse…I really want our family to move further out from where we are but even now, we are in the small, quaint town which is nice. But then we have Memphis so close for a slice of city life when needed!

8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
I would appreciate it. My goal in gift giving is to find the most unique and special gift, so this falls into that. I would love to buy one for each of my kids!

9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? This is a G-rated blog.
Running on a treadmill…I know, I'm such a risk-taker. Ha.

10. "It's not a party unless _______."
Waylon is there. He is the life of any party.

11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS--There are no magazines available.
Traffic: Daydream or sing
Waiting Room: People-watch and make assumptions about their lives (Wolfchase Mall is the best place for this sport)


12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
Absolutely….I think I really am a good friend. I am thoughtful, honest, and a genuine person.